- 2 cups flax seed meal
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-2 Tablespoons sugar equivalent from artificial sweetener
- 5 beaten eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup oil
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare pan (a 10X15 pan with sides works best) with oiled parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Mix dry ingredients well — a whisk works well.
- Add wet to dry, and combine well. Make sure there aren’t obvious strings of egg white hanging out in the batter.
- Let batter set for 2 to 3 minutes to thicken up some (leave it too long and it gets past the point where it’s easy to spread.)
- Pour batter onto pan.
- Bake for about 24-28 minutes, until it springs back when you touch the top and/or is visibly browning even more than flax already is.
- Cool and cut into whatever size slices you want. You don’t need a sharp knife; I usually just cut it with a spatula.