- 1 3/4 cups Gluten-Free Multi-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup whole flax meal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 3 tablespoons Cake Enhancer
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups (3 large or 4 small) mashed ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon King Arthur Pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon banana flavor, optional
- Grease a 9″ x 5″ loaf pan and preheat your oven to 350°F.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl combine the flour, flax meal, baking soda, salt, xanthan gum, cake enhancer, cinnamon, and nutmeg and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the brown sugar and oil until well-blended. Add the eggs one at a time, beating until well-incorporated.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, and beat on medium speed for about 30 seconds, until well combined.
- Stir in the banana, coconut, and flavors, and blend well.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 45 to 55 minutes, or until the bread’s internal temperature reaches 210°F. Allow the bread to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes before turning it out onto a rack. Cool completely before cutting.
- Yield: 1 loaf, 16 servings.