- 2 cups toasted quinoa flour
- 1 cup sorghum flour
- 1 cup tapioca starch
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan / guar gum
- 2 cups almond milk
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon olive / coconut oil, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8×4 loaf pan with cooking spray or line with parchment paper, and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat egg whites on high until they form stiff peaks, about 1 minute. In a separate, larger mixing bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
- Add in milk, vinegar, egg yolks, syrup and oil and beat until smooth. Fold in egg whites. Transfer batter to prepared loaf pan and baking on center rack for 55 – 60 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely. Slice and serve.