- 1 (7.5 ounce) box Chebe Breadstick Mix
- 1 1/2 cups grated parmesan cheese, use divided
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil plus more for brushing the breadsticks
- 1/4 cup water
- 8 ounces low moisture, part skim mozzarella or string cheese
- 1/2 cup gluten free pizza sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the breadstick mix, 1 cup parmesan, eggs, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and water. Mix until it just begins to form a dough, it is ok if the dough is crumbly. Dump the mixture out onto a clean work surface and knead until smooth.
- Roll the dough into a rectangle 8 inches by 16 inches. Cut the dough into 2 by 8 inch strips. Cut the cheese into thin strips and divide among the dough, laying on top. Brush some water on the edges of the dough and seal. Roll the dough gently to make round logs.
- Place the breadsticks on the prepared baking sheet. Brush the tops of the breadsticks with olive oil and sprinkle with the remaining parmesan cheese. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Some cheese may leak out of the breadsticks while baking, that’s ok! Serve warm with pizza sauce if desired.