This is for the days when you want a really hearty start to the day.
- 3 tablespoons oil for frying.
- 6 gluten-free Herby sausages, perhaps vegetarian ones.
- 1 onion.
- 3 medium potatoes, thinly sliced.
- 5 large eggs.
- Salt and Pepper.
- Use a wide, heavy based frying pan/skillet and heat one tablespoon of the oil in this. Fry your sausages for about 8 minutes, turning as required. Meanwhile cut your onion into slivers.
- Add two more tablespoons of oil and fry your potato slices, layering them with the onion. Cook these for 12 minutes.
- While the potatoes and onion are cooking, beat the eggs with seasoning. Slice the sausages.
- Remove the mixture from the pan and combine this and the sausage slices with the beaten eggs.
- Add more oil to the pan if needed. Add all the ingredients in an even a layer as possible. Cook until the bottom is golden and set. Place a large plate on top of the pan and invert your tortilla. Then slide it back into the pan to continue cooking. Serve cut into wedges, perhaps with some grilled tomatoes.Tips: Instead of a plate you could use another pan of a similar size if you have one and then just put this onto the heat. You could add a sliced tomato and/or replace the sausages with bacon pieces.