- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 6 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat your oven to 350F and line a standard loaf pan with parchment paper. (Not to be confused with wax paper)
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the buckwheat flour, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and baking soda, then stir in the pumpkin puree, melted coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla and water.
- Finally, add in the apple cider vinegar, which will help the loaf rise when it reacts with the baking soda.
- Transfer the batter to the lined loaf pan, and smooth the top with a spatula. Bake at 350F for 50-60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before slicing and serving.